Master of Arts in Teaching Degrees provide individuals with great opportunities working with toddlers, children, young adults, and adults in daycare centers, schools, and colleges everywhere. It is through these degrees that professionals acquire the advanced skills in leadership, teaching strategies, student management, math, science, languages, history, and other areas that enable them to help others enhance their educations. Around the world, teaching professionals work as aides, teachers, counselors, principals, superintendents, and professors that earn anywhere from $20,000 to $100,000 or more per year.
Most often, individuals who desire to obtain the best career and salary potentials in the field of teaching must acquire a Master of Arts in Teaching Degree through an accredited school. Luckily, there are many outstanding colleges that offer qualified individuals opportunities to advance their educations through this degree program.
How to Find the Top Master of Arts in Teaching Programs
When it comes to colleges and universities, it is essential for students to pursue quality, reputable means of enhancing their educations through Master of Arts in Teaching Degree programs. For schools that offer these degree programs, accreditation and reputation are important aspects that students should verify before enrollment. For individuals who desire to work while still continuing to go to school, online schools can offer them some quality, convenient, and flexible options. Provided below is a detailed overview of two schools that offer the best Master of Arts in Teaching programs.
The University of Kansas: The University of Kansas is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. It is ranked as the best special education school by U.S. News and World Report. This school offers both a Master of Arts in Teaching Degree program and a Master’s of Science in Education Degree program to individuals who possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree. The tuition cost for these programs is $22,860 per year.
The University of Southern California: The University of Southern California is accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council. This school is ranked as one of the top universities in the World by U.S. News and World Report. The University of Southern California offers one of the best online Master of Arts in Teaching Degree programs to students who possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum GPA of 3.0. An on-campus Master of Arts in Teaching Degree program is also offered. The tuition cost for this program is $21,081 per semester.
Careers and Salaries for Individuals with Master of Arts in Teaching Degrees
It is well-known that there will always be a great need for educational professionals and their skills, which are essential to the development and maintenance of an educated society. Fortunately, there are many excellent Master of Arts in Teaching careers available to qualified individuals around the world. A few of the best of those careers are described below.
1. Teaching Aides: Teaching Aides assist teachers and students with day-to-day testing and educational programs. Most often, these professionals consist of entry-level teachers in elementary, middle, and high schools. Teaching Aides earn an average salary of $20,285 per year.
2. Physical Education Teachers: As both child and adult obesity rates continue to grow, so too does the demand for quality Physical Education Teachers. The main role of these professionals is to provide students with exposure to sports programs, wellness education, and other activities that keep them fit and healthy. On average, Physical Education Teachers earn $45,000 per year.
3. Special Education Teachers: Special Education Teachers provide extra support services and programs to students who suffer from developmental, social, and/or academic challenges. These professionals earn an average salary of $47,853 per year.
4. Principals: Principals provide students, teaching aides, teachers, and secretarial staff with discipline and administrative support services. These professionals often report to superintendents. On average, Principals earn $93,754 per year.
5. Superintendents: Superintendents oversee each of a school’s teaching, discipline, administrative, and financial operations.These professionals earn some of the highest Master of Arts in Teaching salaries. Superintendents earn an average salary of $141,895 per year.
As members of a field that continues to grow, there is no doubt that individuals who possess the occupations described above can possess satisfying, long-term careers. Ultimately, it is through quality Master of Arts in Teaching programs that they acquire job stability and success in those career areas.